Wednesday 17 August 2011

Penrose bow tie

      
Last week as I slowly made my way through the mountainous pile of invites that cascaded through Penrose Towers’ rather large letterbox, I nearly fell over in despair at finding I had been summoned to two engagements on the same day.  Now on certain circumstances you can prioritise according to social, economic and logistic issues but the conundrum I faced was a wedding and a day at the races for a good friends birthday.  Now it wasn’t the timing issue that bothered me more the fact of choosing two outfits that I could change into in a superhero type fashion thus dashing from one to the other. In this sort of situation I am pleased that the Penrose bow tie is the perfect advocate for this. Not only for the factor that you can fit at least three bows into various pockets but for the factor of having a pre-tied garment that retains the look of a self tie; absolutely perfect for when one is rushing from function to function.